You know when you’re really craving something to eat but don’t know exactly what it is that you want to eat. Well this is the result of that. Quick and easy to make,made with store cupboard ingredients and uses up left overs. You can thank me later !
½ tbsp tomato paste
1 round flatbread (pita, tortilla, etc.)
1 oz grated mozzarella cheese
¼ bell pepper cut into thin strips
1 black olive cut into slices
1 pinch of oregano
(n.b I used whatever I had in the house so you can see I’ve used a tortilla wrap, cheddar cheese, and jalepenos instead of olives . You could use leftover meat as well)
- Place the flatbread in the skillet and cook over low heat.
- Spread the tomato paste over the flatbread.
- Add the mozzarella cheese (or cheddar ), peppers and olives.
- Add a pinch of oregano, cover the skillet and cook over low heat until the dough is crisp and cheese is melted.
Video link to recipe: https://www.tastemade.com/videos/skillet-pizza
And for Dessert……
Cookie dough of course
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet(milk) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In the bowl of a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to cream together the softened butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, and mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, and beat on medium-low speed until combined. Fold in (stir in) the chocolate chips by hand until just combined.
- Put the mixture into an oven dish and bake for around 20-30 mins or until just golden on top.
- Serve with vanilla icecream drizzled caramel sauce and some grated dark chocolate.