Admittedly I am not the biggest fan of Nutella, I’ve never really understood why everybody raves about it so much. This cheesecake however is my exception. It’s light and creamy, with just the right tang to cut through the richness of the chocolate. It’s an easy, fuss-free easy dessert which would be ideal for a fancy dinner party or get together. Trust me this one’s a keeper!
- 250 grams digestive biscuits
- 75 grams soft unsalted butter
- 1 x 400 grams jar nutella (at room temperature)
- 100 grams chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 500 grams cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 60 grams icing sugar (sifted)
- Break the digestives into the bowl of a processor, add the butter and a 15ml tablespoon of Nutella, and blitz until it starts to clump. Add 25g/3 tablespoons of the hazelnuts and continue to pulse until you have a damp, sandy mixture.
2. Tip into a 23cm/9inch round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill.
3. Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then add the remaining Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined.
4. Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base. Scatter the remaining chopped hazelnuts on top to cover and place the tin in fridge for at least four hours or overnight. Serve straight from the fridge for best results.
Original recipe taken from Nigella Lawson: https://www.nigella.com/recipes/nutella-cheesecake