These cakes are perfect for young kids. With minimal preparation and few ingredients they will become a go to recipe for childrens parties.
Yield: 12 small cakes
5 tbsp golden syrup
80g chocolate rice crispy cereal
100g dark chocolate
Melt the butter, dark chocolate and golden syrup in a bowl. Mix until smooth and combined.
Add in the chocolate cereal then spoon into a cupcake tray lined with cases. Sprinkle some sprinkles on top if desired
Leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours then enjoy.
Best served straight from the fridge
Admittedly I am not the biggest fan of Nutella, I’ve never really understood why everybody raves about it so much. This cheesecake however is my exception. It’s light and creamy, with just the right tang to cut through the richness of the chocolate. It’s an easy, fuss-free easy dessert which would be ideal for a fancy dinner party or get together. Trust me this one’s a keeper!
- 250 grams digestive biscuits
- 75 grams soft unsalted butter
- 1 x 400 grams jar nutella (at room temperature)
- 100 grams chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 500 grams cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 60 grams icing sugar (sifted)
- Break the digestives into the bowl of a processor, add the butter and a 15ml tablespoon of Nutella, and blitz until it starts to clump. Add 25g/3 tablespoons of the hazelnuts and continue to pulse until you have a damp, sandy mixture.
2. Tip into a 23cm/9inch round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill.
3. Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then add the remaining Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined.
4. Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base. Scatter the remaining chopped hazelnuts on top to cover and place the tin in fridge for at least four hours or overnight. Serve straight from the fridge for best results.
Original recipe taken from Nigella Lawson: https://www.nigella.com/recipes/nutella-cheesecake
This fudge has a smooth and creamy texture (almost ganache like) and takes about 3 minutes to prepare. I have made these in a chocolate and orange flavour combination but you could choose any combination you like best. Pop them in cellophane bags and and tie them up with colourful ribbon to give them as gifts/ party favours. You could also add some edible gold leaf on top to make them look extra special.
Make around 22 squares
3 mins prep 1 hr in the fridge
- 199g condensed milk
- 170g Orange favoured chocolate
- Zest of one orange
- Butter a square pan and line with parchment paper (you can also use foil if you don’t have any parchment paper) for easy removal of set fudge. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe 2 quart bowl, heat chocolate and sweetened condensed milk, on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave. Let sit for 1 minute, then stir to combine. If needed, heat an additional 30 seconds. Stir until chips are completely melted and chocolate is smooth.
- Pour fudge into prepared pan. Let fudge cool completely before cutting into 1 inch squares. (you can place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to speed up the process.)
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from http://chocolatechocolateandmore.com/3-minute-fudge/