Yes, another chocolate cake recipe, but it’s oh so good- and a real indulgence!! It’s also another recipe from Joanne Wheatley as she’s so reliable and her recipes always seem to work for me. The cake has a wonderful texture and cuts like a dream. You won’t be disappointed!
165 g softened butter
300 g caster sugar
65 g S/R flour
200 g plain flour
1 tsp bicarb
70 g cocoa powder
200 ml of sour cream & 50 g cream cheese mixed together
2 tubs of Betty Crocker chocolate fudge icing
Flower paste and gel food colouring for the flowers and letters
Mix caster sugar and butter until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time beating in between each egg. Sieve flours bicarb and cocoa into a bowl, add half to mixture, fold in, add half of sour cream & cream cheese, fold in, then repeat with both, spoon into a 8 inch prepared tin.
Cook for 1 hour and 20mins @ 180, leave to cool for 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack.
Recipe taken from: The Farm Chick
Notes: Make cupcakes without the icing for a great lunchbox snack. These cupcakes are extremely moist and chocolatey .
- 1cup sugar
- 1cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 veg oil
- 2tsp vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 Tub Betty Crocker Tempting Chocolate Icing
- Preheat oven to 180oc and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners
- Sift the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat with a mixer for about 2 mins
- Add the boiling water and beat until just blended. At this point the batter will be extremely runny
- Pour the batter into the liners and bake for 20-25 mins until the centre of the cupcakes pring back when lightly touched
- Once cooled pipe on the chocolate icing if desired.
Link to original recipe: http://thefarmchicks.typepad.com/farmchicks/2009/01/moist-chocolate-cupcakes-with-vanilla-buttercream.html