I can’t wait for summer. For now these pics will have to do but I’m definitely feeling the winter blues right now.
For the cake
- 175g dark chocolate
- 6 eggs separated
- 175g Caster Sugar
For The Chocolate Buttercream
- 150g butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 carton of double cream
- 1 punnet of raspberries
To make the Buttercream
- Beat the butter and icing sugar together and fold in the melted chocolate. Leave until cool enough to spread.
Making the cake
- Lightly grease a 34 x 24 x 2cm (13″ x 9″) swiss roll tin with sunflower oil.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl and leave to cool
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl and whisk together until light and creamy. Add the cooled chocolate and stir to blend evenly
- In a spearate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Carefully fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Turn the chocolate mixture into the tin, tilting it so that the mixture spreads evenly into the corners. Bake in a preheated oven at 180)c for 20 mins or until firm to the touch
- Remove from the oven. Place a clean, dry tea towel on top of the cake and on top of this lay another tea towel that has been soaked in cold water and well wrung out. Leave in a cool place.
- Remove the tea towels from the sponge and turn it out onto a piece of baking parchment that has been liberally sprinkled with sifted icing sugar . Peel the Lining paper over the cake .
Spread the preprepared buttercream in an even layer on top of the cake. On top of this add a layer of whipped cream. For the final layer sprinkle over the raspberries.
Roll up the cake from the long edge, using the sugared paper to help lift the cake and roll it forward
Dust with more icing sugar before serving
Recipe taken from James Martin
1 packet cream cheese
1 cup Nutella
1 packet Oreo Biscuits
2 tablespoons Butter
200 grams Condensed Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Nutella Ganache
150 grams Cream
3 tablespoons Nutella
Crush the biscuits into fine breadcrumbs
Melt the butter then add to the crushed biscuits, mix altogether then spoon into serving glasses. Press down with glass then place in the fridge to set for 15 mins
Mix together the cream cheese and condensed milk in a bowl, then add the nutella and mix. Using an icecream scoop, place the chocolate cream mixture into the glasses ontop of the biscuit mix. Give the serving glass a tap to level out the mixture. Leave to set for one hour.
After the cheescake has set, it’s now time to make the ganache. Melt the nutella and cream together in the microwave until combined. Spoon over the cheescake mixture and leave to set for 2 hours. Once set, garnish with a fererro Rocher chocolate
Video recipe here:
What do you do when you’re in the middle of baking and have left over melted chocolate that you need to use up?
Make these cute little treats, you can use them to decorate a cake or just eat them as they are
Make sure you use greaseproof paper to make sure they don’t stick to your tray!