Looking for biscuit tasting cupcakes? Well you’re in the right place. As you can probably tell from my previous post, I’ve been on a bit of a biscoff binge. I guess it’s because it makes me feel all nostalgic about my time in France and my housemate Adèle who absolutely adored the stuff. Give these biscuity tasting cupcakes a go for yourself!
Yield: 16 cupcakes
For the cake:
- 250 g butter
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 125 g light brown sugar
- 125 g white sugar
- 1/2 cup of coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the icing:
- 125 g butter
- 250 g icing sugar
- 200 g Speculoos/Biscoff Cookie Butter
- 2 tbsp milk
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 180°c and line a cupcake pan with cupcake cases.
- Mix together butter and both sugars until combined.
- Add the eggs and mix until the batter becomes smooth.
- Add the flour and mix until the batter is completely combined and smooth.
- Poor in the coffee and give it a last mix.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners and bake for about 15/20 minutes
- Let the cupcakes cool completely on a cooling rack before icing
For the icing:
- Mix together butter and icing sugar until the mixture becomes soft and a bit lighter in colour.
- Add the biscoff spread and give it a good mix to combine.
- Add the milk to make the buttercream nice and soft. Mix until fully combined.
- Snip off the tip of the piping bag and place the piping tip in it.
- Add the icing mixture to the piping bag and pipe as desired.
Recipe taken from https://sarahslittlekitchen.com/2016/08/15/mini-biscoff-cake-for-mothers-day/