yield:10 small muffins
- 1 & 1/4 cups (154g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp (6.5g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1.25g) salt
- 1/4 cup (57g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk (whole or buttermilk is preferred)
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 pack chocolate dark chips plus extra for the top
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla. Slowly add to the dry ingredients. Gently fold together until JUST combined.
- Fill the cupcake cases to the top and bake at 425°F for 5 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 375°F and continue to bake for another 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Do not overbake or the muffins will be dry. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and enjoy warm.
Notes: Muffins taste best the day of, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
For mini muffins; bake for 10-12 minutes at 375F only.
Original recipe from: https://www.littlesweetbaker.com/2014/10/03/bakery-style-chocolate-chip-muffins-2/