- 200g plain flour
- 1/2tsp salt
- 600ml (1 pint) semi-skimmed milk
- 3 tbsp veg oil
For the filling:
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (approx 100g each) cut into bitesized chunks.
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 225g button mushrooms
- 50g plain flour
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 600ml (1 pint) chicken stock (1 stock cube)
- 100ml low-fat creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Drop in the egg. Add half the milk and beat, gradually incorportaing the flour, to form a smooth paste. Beat in the remaining milk.
- Heat a little oil in a large heavy based frying pan. Pour in a ladle of batter. Leave a coup on mins to cook then flip over and cook the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To make the filling, heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and garlic; fry until golden. Add the chicken; cook until sealed. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened. Stir in flour and thyme. Season.
- Gradually stir in the stock and cook until thickened. STir in the crème fraîche and most of the chives. Dived the mixture between pancakes. Roll up and serve sprinkled with chives.