Although the dough can be a bit off a faff to make these taste lovely after a dinner and are prepared with minimal ingredients. Think of them like homemade After Eights.
- 1 egg white
- 350g icing sugar
- 3 drops peppermint essence (may need more just taste as you go)
- 1 bar of Bournville chocolate
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate and leave to cool a little.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg white until frothy. Sieve in the icing sugar and mix well. Add the peppermint essence and mix well until you form a dough. You will need to use your hands for this. Once the dough comes together knead a little.
- Break off small pieces of the dough and roll into small balls.
- Flatten into discs and dip half into the melted chocolate.
- Place on the baking tray to set (until chocolate had hardened).
Notes: Next time I would make these even thinner than shown in the photo.