|Chopped rolled (cheap porridge) oats (asda own brand scottish oats).||125 g|
|Rolled (premium porridge) oats (asda own brand scottish oats)||125 g|
|Margarine (aldi baking spread)||150 g|
|Golden syrup ( asda own brand)||75 g|
|Sugar (granulated)||75 g|
- Put the 150 g of margarine, 75 g of sugar & 75 g of golden syrup in saucepan (or microwaveable bowl if using a microwave ) and heat until it is all liquid.
- Meanwhile line the baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the oats into the liquid. Leave to cool a little if using chocolate chips as you don’t want them to melt.
- Put the mixture into the baking tin & press flat.
- Bake at 175 °C (Gas Mark 4) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares whilst still hot
- Leave to cool and set.
Notes: asda own brand golden syrup is best as it is not as sweet as Tate and Lyles . If using tate and Lyles use less sugar or golden syrup to adjust sweetness accordingly .
I use a 20 x 20 cm tin
you can use just one type of oats instead of two
use 60g choc chips or any other flavourings you like such as nuts.
original recipe source: http://duramecho.com/Food/Flapjack/index.html