This recipe is super cheap, quick and easy with minimal washing up and minimal effort. It’s for those times when you want to have homemade cake but not spend an eternity making it.
Total time: 35 mins (15 mins prep, 20 mins baking)
Makes 12 fairy cakes
- 125g Butter or 125ml oil
- 125g sugar ( may need to be reduced)
- 125g Self raising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 50g milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 180° and line a bun tine with fairy cases
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until pale, light and fluffy. ( When I am feeling lazy I do this with a wooden spoon)
3. Then add the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated
4. In another bowl weigh out the flour then sift this into the creamed butter and sugar. Fold it into the mixture with a tablespoon.
5. Add 2 tbsp of milk to the mixture and finally add the chocolate chips. Mix in the chocolate chips so that they are evenly distributed in the mixture. Then put into the preheated oven to bake for 20 mins. After 15 mins turn the tray around so thay all bake evenly.
6. You will know when they are baked as they will have a golden brown colour and spring back when gently touched
7. Eat warm straight from the oven or leave to cool on a cooling rack and then transfer to an airtight box to store.
These taste better the longer you leave them.