These cookies are delicious, chewy and not overly sweet and have a subtle hint of coconut.
Recipe taken from: Gimme some oven
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened but not melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed,
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp vanilla ( I use the Preema brand)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsps cornflour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Cream together the softened coconut oil, sugars egg and vanilla on medium- high until light and fluffy around 3 mins.
Add in the flour, cornflour, bicarb of soda, and salt and beat until combined. Fold in the choc chips by hand until just combined.
Line the baking tray with some greaseproof paper then take 1 tbsp of the mixture and roll into balls. Place in the fridge to chill for 2 hours
Bake for 10-12 mins until the edges just start to brown.