Isa has an Eid party at nursery tomorrow so I thought we’d make some biscuits for him to take in. They were great fun to make and he loved getting involved in the whole process.
- 175g butter
- 125g sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 250g plain flour
Makes around 18 biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 160°c and line 2 trays with bakig paper
- Mix the butter and the caster sugar with an electric whisk until blended. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and mix until combined. Stor in the plain flour until the mixture comes together
- Wrap the dough in some cling film and place in the fridge to chill for around 30 mins. This will make the dough easier to work with
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to around 4mm thick. Use a cutter to cut out your shapes or use a knife to cut finger shapes.
- Transfer to the baking trays and cook for around 14 mins or until light golden brown.
- Leave to cool before decorating as desired.