These muffins don’t look the prettiest but they’re beautifully moist and really chocolatey- the ultimate chocolate muffin. Bake these for a lovely treat!
Recipe from Bright-eyed Baker
- 250g Plain flour (2 cups)
- 100g cocoa powder(1 cup)
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 250g sugar(1 1/4 cup)
- 113g canola/veg oil (1/2 cup)
- 370g sour cream (1 1/2 Cup)
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 300 g choc chips (half dark and half milk)
- Preheat oven to 180 dgerees fan and grease the muffin tin
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb and salt.
- In another bowl beat the eggs on medium/high speed. Slowly streal in the sugar while beating and continue to beat until the mixture is pale and thickened and ribbons down from the beater when lifted before settling back down into the batter
- Beat in the oil until fully incorporated. Then beat in the sour cream and vanilla until evenly incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold in just until only a few visible streaks remain. Add the choc chips and fold in just until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated
- Spoon the batter into the tin topping with more choc chips
- Bake for 10 mins then reduce the temp by 25 degrees to 160 and bake for a further 5-10 mins until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool muffinsin tin for 15 mins before transferring to a cooling rack.
Link to original post: http://www.brighteyedbaker.com/2014/07/16/ultimate-double-chocolate-muffins/