Makes around 8 cookies
Takes around 1 hour
- 163g orange flavoured chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 29g butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Zest of 1 orange
- 80g orange flavoured chocolate cut up into chunks
- Preheat oven to 170° and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Melt the 163g chocolate with the 1 tbsp of butter
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (about 3 mins). Then add in the egg, vanilla and orange zest and beat well until combined. Beat the mixture on high speed until pale light and fluffy. 7-10 mins (You can do this by hand as well). Add the cooled chocolate and mix until combined, then add the dry ingredients and mix together. Finally add the chocolate chunks and mix until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Drop a tbsp of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet leaving a 3 inch gap between the cookies.
- Bake for 12 mins and leave to cool completely on tray before transferring to an airtight box.
- Take care not to overbake as cookies will become cakey and not chewy.